Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter!

Edited to add: This card was selected as the winner for the ColourQ Challenge 81... Thanks, Arielle and design team! I will wear my crown with pride:)





It's a dreary, rainy day here...so what better day to get back in my office to create an Easter card! I used that darling new set from the Occasions Mini called Easter Blossoms. Isn't this silhouette image the sweetest? It reminds me of when I was a little girl all dressed up for Easter Sunday!

What do you think of these sweet little Vintage Flower Adornments? This was also my first attempt at the Scrunched Seam Binding bow... I definately need some more practice with scrunching and tying them:)



I combined some awesome challenges for my card today... Arielle's ColourQ Challenge #81...



The Shabby Tea Room #58 Inspiration Challenge using pastels and stripes and...



the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 137. This card also fits the bill for the Splitcoaststampers WT319 using OVALS and the Crazy4Challenges 84 to create an Easter card.



Thanks for stopping in! Happy Easter!



Stamps: Easter Blossoms
Paper: Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White CS, variety DSP
Ink: Baja Breeze & Old Olive
Other: Vintage Flower Adornments, Baja Breeze Seam Binding, Big Shot, Borders Die, Oval & Scallop Oval dies (Spellbinders)


11 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, so glad to see this card from you!!! That sketch is wonderful---I finally added Taylor to my reader so I can get her fab sketches! So glad you were able to play with the CQC this week! This is a real beauty---the seam binding looks great to me!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Stacy! It's so good to "see" you! :) I love it all, now I need seam binding ribbon, darn it! Thanks for playing with us at CQC this week. Happy Easter!

Keva said...

Ohh...that IS adorable!

kasia c. said...

WOW! this is fabulous! I LOVE your seam binding, the colour is stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ! :)
Happy Easter.

Yapha said...

Such a gorgeous card! I love your layered scallops! Thanks for playing at ColourQ!

Mary Marsh said...

very pretty card stacey-love the seam binding-

Unknown said...

Goergeous card!! I love how you combined the 2 challenges! Great job!

Debbie said...

One of my favie SU sets and love those vintage adornments too! Thanks for sharing this little beauty with us in the Tea Room :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Girl, I have missed you!!!! Love this gorgeous card, and so happy to tell you that you're the colourQueen this week!!! Hugs!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Congratulations on being the Colour Queen!! Awesome!

LeAnne said...

Congrats on your ColourQ win!