Monday, February 22, 2010

A Spring Day ~ Cracked Glass





I just found out today that THIS CARD was picked as the favorite at The Pink Elephant for Sketch Challenge #50...Woohoo! To celebrate, I had to try the new sketch, The Pink Elephant Sketch Challenge #55!

Another demonstrator asked me recently to demonstrate a technique at an area stamping event in March, so I've been looking and practicing with a few techniques. Tonight, I thought I'd encorporate one of my new favorite techniques, Cracked Glass, for Our Creative Corner's Try a New Technique Challenge. Click HERE to view the tutorial and video at Splitcoaststampers...it helped me a ton!





Stamps: A Kind Word
Paper: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence, Whisper White CS, Shades of Spring DSP
Ink: Black Stazon, Versamark, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Orchid Opulence, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Going Gray, Sahara Sand, Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Markers
Other: Certainly Celery 5/8" Grosgrain, Button Latte Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Scallop Trim Punch, Glassy Glaze Embossing Powder, Heat Tool


7 comments:

Marisa said...

What lovely pastels. Darling image and wonderful use of the sketch. I have only done cracked glass a few times - good reminder to do it again as I love the look of it.

Julie said...

This is so lovely....love the soft look of it.

Silke Ledlow said...

Stacey - congrats on your PE win!!! It was a beautiful card....and I really like this sweet girl card too!!! The colors are so soft and pretty and the *cracked glass* looks perfect with it!!!

So happy you palyed with us over at the OCC!!! Hugs ~S~

Jenn K said...

What a great card and technique! Thanks for joining in the fun at TPE!

Rochelle said...

What a cute card and a fun layout! Oh, I like your new cartoon picture of yourself...it looks like you!

Betty Boo! said...

What a precious card! Thank you for joining us at TPE this week!

Betty

Trudi said...

Very pretty Stacey! I love the color combo you used! NOLAN INSURANCE
112 E MAIN STREET
BRANDON, WI 53919