Sunday, October 25, 2009

Good Friend



I got my inspiration for this card from Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #18 using Raspberry, Green, Chocolate, Kraft, and Cream and from the Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge #37 at Our Creative Corner.

The card base is Kraft with a scallop punched Chocolate Chip lower panel under the main image panel of Very Vanilla. There is a peek-a-boo effect with the top half circle punch where you see a little Melon Mambo DSP and cardstock. I stamped the three flowers using the Good Friend stamp set, stamped and colored in the greeting with Old Olive and a blender pen. Finally, the Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain is wrapped around the entire card front and tied off in a square knot.





Stamps: Good Friend
Paper: Kraft, Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip CS
Ink: Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip
Other: Blender Pen, Stamp-a-majig, Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain, 1 3/8" Circle & Scallop Edge Punches


13 comments:

Rochelle said...

Cute Stacey! Love the colors!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card and colors Stacey! I just LOVE the pretty dp behind the inner layer and those flowers are gorgeous!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Maureen said...

Love the flowers!They really pop off the card...beautiful ribbon as well :)

Unknown said...

great card!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love your take on this color challenge!

Dawn Cosgrove said...

Oh my gosh! I love this :) So cute!

Unknown said...

Great job! Very cute and fun card - perfect for a girlie friend!

Andrea M said...

These flowers are awesome! They just stand right out! Great job. Thanks for sharing!

Winter said...

So cute! I love the flowers! :)

Jennifer Stricker said...

BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing with The Fresh Batch this week.

Jen SAS DT

Mrs B said...

Oh, how pretty! I love the colors!
Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Smiles this week!
CindyB

Journeymark Cards & Gifts said...

Hi Stacey, I love the idea of using the buttons in the flowers. Such a pretty card!!

Lynn Put said...

Your card is wonderful! I love the color combo and flower stamp set you used!