Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jewelry Color Inspiration #24

Anyone who knows me also knows that have an obsession for stamping and for JEWELRY! I enjoy participating in other stamping challenges and want to share the fun by offering my own weekly Jewelry Color Inspiration challenge. The challenge will be posted each Sunday and will include a jewelry photo along with the link to the website where I found it.

If you want to play along, simply make a paper project (card, scrapbook page, or 3D item) that includes the colors indicated with the jewelry piece. (If you don't have the exact colors, just use ones that are similar:) Then, submit your creation to me by Saturday, February 21st at 11:59 P.M. using the Mr. Linky box at the end of this posting. You may also wish to post your photo at Splitcoaststampers.com using the keyword JCI.

Those of you who participate in the challenge will receive recognition the following Sunday...so what are you waiting for...join the fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I found this fun bracelet called Mellow Yellow at the Cool Jewelry etsy shop. The designer, Pam, loves to work with color and texture and enjoys pairing the most unusual suspects together, often in an asymmetrical style.





Here's my card using the colors for this week's Jewelry Color Inspiration #24. I think this is one of my favorite color combinations, or maybe I'm just in the mood for spring! I also got a little sketch inspiration from Laura's #19.



Stamps: Really Retro, Petal Pizazz
Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise CS
Ink: Yoyo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss, Sahara Sand
Other: 5/16" Jumbo Neutrals Brads, Whisper White Taffeta, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Crafters Tool Kit




7 comments:

Lil said...

Wow!Wow!And wow again!
I want this gorgeous jewel for meeeee :) Splendind colors and one of my favourite :) I will link my digi later :)
Kisses :)

Smita said...

Lovely colors. Hoping to play along this time...

Chantelle said...

Great colours Stacey and a cool piece of jewelry. I hope to play along this round.
PS: Thanks so much for the package of paper and stickers. They arrived today and I hope to use them very soon.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a great combo. I never would have thought to put these colors together. Especially the yoyo yellow. I have never used this color on anything. In fact I still have the original 3 sheets of cardstock that came with the variety pack I bought 4 years ago! I will definitely have to try this.

Lil said...

Readyyyy :)
I really love this colors :)Thanks again Stacey:) Hugs :)

Teresa Kline said...

wow Stacey, I do luv these colors together....I had to make mine the ATC, my time is very limited anymore. I do hope that is ok....thanks I luv this challenge...I really look forward to it..hugs! *~*

Neizi_ss said...

Stacy, thanks for the kind words! I still study!I hope that to the time I will see myself!

Lily is my schoolmarm in scrapbook!